Monday 27 December 2010

Why?

OK, so is it odd to start a knitting blog in order to get a break from knitting?
I've had a massive knitting session in the run up to Christmas. 3 scarves (2 mens, one extra long lady's), a hat (which was too small for the intended recipient but eventually found a suitably sized head), 2 headbands, a pair of baby mittens and a pair of fingerless gloves.
Currently 'on the go' I have an extra long cream scarf which may have pockets (or something less ambicious) on the ends. I have one mitten to complete a matching scarf set,another mitten to complete a freestyle, crazy coloured, ribbon threaded extravanganza of another mitten set. A mans scarf, a hat which is still in ball form and numerous other ideas which pop into my head and occasionally stay there long enough to eventually get knitted. (not knotted).
So what have I learnt today?
I learnt why my knit and purl curls. I learnt that extracting silk is a painful process (for the worm). I learnt that my gloves are going bobbly (pilling ) because they are Merino.
I also learnt about Soy and addded it to my every increasing list of knitting related things to google.
Oh, and I also learnt to Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment