Sunday 20 March 2011

A day trip

To celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary my husband and I planned a day trip to Glasgow. Yes a day trip, you might laugh at the thought of travelling so far twice in a day, but my husband just loves driving, so whilst I dozed off we made it 280 miles in 2 1/2 hours. Yes, I can do the maths, and guess he probably broke the law at some point along the way!
Id mapped out a route around the city, taking in the most interesting shopping sites.
First up was a centre of 32 jewellers. "Its a vintage gucci watch I want","I could buy 3 cars from ebay for the price of that"was the response.
After several miles of walking, a trip through the Vivienne Westwood shop and a drool at the beautiful architecture what did I take home?.....
Three pairs of brightly coloured vintage knitting needles, astonishment at the young couple who ate a full english breakfast and drank a bottle of rose wine with it, and the memory of a bright pink balloon floating in the window of a beautiful apartment looking out across a city park.

No comments:

Post a Comment