Sunday 27 February 2011

Bargain hunting

I was off bargain hunting yesterday at Dagfields antiques centre which is to me as the chocolate factory is to Charlie.
I found a vintage sewing kit which I stripped out and relined so that I can keep all my large needles in there. I'm always losing them, which is why it took me a while to finish my project because I had to find them before I could make use of my new device for not losing them.
I also bought a lamp which according to the label is from The Orient Express. I have no idea if this is true, but it does have a copper label on it which says so, so I'm going with the fantasy.
I also bought a knitting book from the 70s which has fabulous patterns it, one of which is for a knitted set of trousers and matching jumper for a small boy, (well not really that small, the little boy in the picture looked around 8 years old) it also has matching cardies for a Dad and son to wear whilst they stand leaning on the car having man chats (as demonstrated in the photograph).
I'm not confident in my pattern reading skills just yet, so I've bought the book in the hope it will break me in gently, but the pattern I love the most has the most confusing instructions, my eyes glazed over just pre-reading them so it will definately be one for the future, I will stick with the father and son cardies for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment