Monday 14 February 2011

Yellow for cheering up purposes

Ive had the flu all weekend, boooo! but on the positive side its given me plenty of time for knitting. Earlier in the week I'd bought some bright yellow wool which I spotted from a distance in a charity shop window and just had to have. Its proved the perfect thing to occupy my time whilst layed up coughing and sneezing. I wouldnt go so far as to say its nearly finished yet but but it's definately past the stage where it could be 'anything' and actually looks like it might be 'something'. The only problem is (without going into too much detail) Ive been coughing and sneezing whilst making it so I will definately be giving it a good wash before wearing it to avoid re-infection!

So what else have I been up to? Ive bought some beautiful embroidered brooches to go with my new pastel cotton scarves, and ive finally finished my hat and scarf set that has been waiitng for a wooden button for months, and now it has one, doesnt really need one.



Ive also been making presents for my friends, again which are now waiting for magic buttons to add the finishing touch. Oh and I also found a brilliant pattern for knitting hearts, which I then used to knit my husband a heart (which he is clearly over the moon with because its still on the coffee table 4 weeks after I made it for him, and on that subject, I havent been able to go out and get my husband a valentines day card so I will be spending the rest of the day in my sick bed making him one.....now where did I put that glitter?....

No comments:

Post a Comment