Friday 8 March 2013

The day off

I won't make excuses for being a horrifically unregular blogger because the fact that today is my first no commitments day in 18 months should explain the problem ( I just made an excuse didn't I?!) I'm toying between writing a diary and getting back in touch with blogging, I can't find a pen today, so blogging it is! When I woke up this morning I was lost, I've forgotten what to do on a day to myself! After a walk with the dog I was so pleased to learn that birds do still sing and that if you are alone you can actually hear them! I'm only halfway through my day alone and already the creative juices are flowing, I've bought a new cross-stitch magazine, written a story which I intend to illustrate, been to the library and got a book to show me how to illustrate my story, a book to show me how to craft up my children's rooms and a 'knitting on fat needles' book. I've had four cups of tea and not washed any of them, and I'm going to drive somewhere later for no reason at all, other than because I just can. So here's a word of caution for the yummy mummy's noisying up the library this morning, please stop moaning about your children because if they weren't so noisy you would forget to listen, if they didn't make such a mess then you wouldn't appreciate your own ability to make a mess too, and don't worry, when you finally get a break from them, the original you will still be in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment